I have a local charity that I want to present at the next meeting. What do I need to talk about?
Presentations are simple and should not be overly formal. When you show up, here is a list of things that you should be prepared to talk about...
- What is the name of the organization?
- Where is the organization located?
- What is the mission of the organization?
- What purpose does the organization serve? (Who?What do they do? How do they do it?)
- How would they benefit from receiving the donation? How will the funds be used?
- Who is responsible for discharging of funds?
- What are their administrative fees? (Note: They should not have any!)
- Are they a recognized 501(c)(3)?